The Société des Amis de Marcel Proust et des Amis de Combray, was founded in 1947, to promote the understanding and appreciation  of his works. With the support of the Conseil départemental of Eure-et-Loir, the association operates a museum  in the  « Maison de tante Léonie »,  located 4 rue du Docteur Proust in Illiers-Combray.  Between 1877 and 1880, young Marcel spent his Easter holidays in the house that belonged to his uncle Jules Amiot.  The Société administrative headquarters are now located next door at 6  rue du Docteur Proust.

The Société sponsors several cultural events  (exhibits, concerts, seminars, plays, etc.) in Illiers-Combray - for example « la journée des aubépines » every mid May - as well as in Paris  and in other places, with the participation of the  Ministry of Culture and territorial authorities. It also publishes the Bulletin Marcel Proust, sent to its members at the end of the year.


 

Marcel Proust

Honorary Presidents :
Dominique de Puységur, Patrice Mante-Proust



  Honorary members :
M. le Ministre de l'Éducation Nationale, M.le Président du Conseil départemental d'Eure-et-Loir, M. le Recteur de l'Académie d'Orléans-Tours, M. le Président du Conseil Régional du Centre-Val de Loire, M. le Président du Centre National des Lettres, M. le Maire de Paris, M. le Préfet d'Eure-et-Loir, M. le Maire d'Illiers-Combray, M. le Maire de Cabourg

President :
Jérôme Bastianelli

Vice-President :
Jean-Yves Tadié

General Secretary :
Isabelle Le Masne de Chermont

Deputy General secretary :
Anne Heilbronn

Treasurer :
Emmanuel Glaser

Board Members :
Jérôme Bastianelli, Annick Bouillaguet, Florence Callu, Antoine Compagnon, Elyane Dezon-Jones, Rémi Frentz, Emmanuel Glaser, Anne Heilbronn, Jean-Paul Henriet, Anne de Lacretelle, Isabelle Le Masne de Chermont, Dominique Mabin, Roch-Olivier Maistre, Nathalie Mauriac Dyer, Jean Milly, Mireille Naturel, Yves Pouliquen, Jean-Yves Tadié

Technical advisor :
Anne Borrel

The House of Aunt Léonie

Click for more

Proustian news

Click for more